The Newlon Family started in the tire business in 1911 when Pearly Newlon signed a franchise with a major manufacturer. The business grew to one of the largest in the eastern United States under the leadership of Fay and Joy Newlon. In 1979, Newlon Tire moved to its present location at 530 Carroll Street. Though we have just celebrated our 35th anniversary, many people remember our location as the Wonder Bread Warehouse. The building was built by Tom Selby as a Whippet car dealership and has served many functions. In the late 1970’s are rear building was built as both a warehouse and shop to add a computerized alignment machine, a tubing bender and specialized brake repair equipment. We specialize in car and light truck tires, but also handle agricultural, industrial, turf and mine service tires. We proudly stock and sell Cooper and Goodyear tires and we have over a thousand in stock from every major manufacturer.